Early Years Foundation Stage
Our Curriculum Statement and Pedagogical Underpinning can be read HERE
Our Curriculum Approach in Early Years:
All our learning environments are organised to allow children to explore and learn securely and safely. There are areas where the children can be active, be quiet and rest. The environment is set up daily by staff to encompass all seven areas of learning and gives the children opportunity to be independent and self selective in their learning challenges.
- To give every child a positive start to their school life, in which they can establish solid foundations on which to develop into confident and independent lifelong learners;
- To encourage children to develop independence within a secure and friendly atmosphere;
- To support children in building relationships through the development of social skills, such as problem solving and sharing;
- To help each child to recognise their own strengths and achievements through experiencing success and by creating achievable challenges to stretch learners;
- Our high expectations will enable each child to develop socially, physically, intellectually, spiritually and emotionally and to achieve their full potential;
- To ensure every child has the opportunity to be their best and contribute to the school community through sporting activities, choir, local visits and school visitors.
- To ensure that children are kept healthy and safe and that they achieve the knowledge and skills they need to start school.
The EYFS is based upon four principles: